Charmed, I'm Sure! Part #1

In my quest to use up a box of left over charm squares, some trimmed a bit, I came up with this little quickie. I plan to use it when we travel, a camp fire cuddler. It is a real scrap quilt, everything in it is left over from one project or another and you might recognize some of the fabrics!

I am now at the (hold me down) basting stage. You all know this is my least favorite task. Now, with the Coronet I do not have to baste as much as I used to but I found out that I need to base securely because I had some shifting and tucks on the back of a quilt last year. Can't have that. The studio is quite crowded right now because I have another little table up for a cutting surface for some other projects so I decided to open the big table for basting, but only one leaf. It is still too cold to open it all the way in the garage, I don't do cold very well.

The Skewer Method is my go-to basting method of choice these days. So I remeasured the table with one leaf open, it is 36 inches square, then recentered the taped down skewers.
Ta-Da
 Now I have mentioned this is all left overs and some of the seams have gone a bit wonky! I'm fine with that because in the quilting process I will find new ways to work around that flaw. Not all seams are perfect, you know, and I need to spend more time trying out different stitching options so that when I get the Masterpiece finished (I hear you laughing you know) I will have all my KINKS worked out.
The Easter season has been much colder than expected here. I always have multiple quilts stashed in Mondo because you just never know, right? Even mid-Summer I need an extra quilt because you-know-who cranks that air conditioning to max!

Another very busy week ahead for us, is there any other kind? Golden years, really, how about rusty years 💥 

Comments