The Poinsettia Kaleidoscope Quilt, Shabby Fabrics

 As I opened my email this morning, I was greeted with this. I almost choked on my coffee. This quilt, this fabric, and this Kaleidoscope design just sang to me. I have long admired kaleidoscope quilts but never attempted one. Jen, from Shabby Fabrics, presented this beauty and some very detailed instructions in a little video on just how to make this beauty. Needless to say, mine won't be done this Christmas but it is my attention to work on it next year so that it is done by Christmas 2025. The kit is on the way. Now the reason for me presenting it here is because this fabric, even though it has been around for a while, was no longer made in the screen printing method. Many manufacturers have moved to digital printing. Jen explained that while that fabric is very nice, it does not have the color saturation provided with screen printing. Shabby Fabrics approached Henry Glass, the manufacturer, and received a limited run for the fabric, screen printed. The kits are limited and the fabric will be digitally printed in the future. Soooo, if you are as smitten as I, I suggest you watch the video (provided)  and have a think.

Video HERE! 

 

 

Comments