The Sew and Sew Gallery

Hello Jitterbugs! I've been cleaning kitchen cupboards with the oldies blasting away. A dance step here and there, a little line dance with the dogs, makes the drudgery a little less so, I think!

So lets just take a little tour of the quilts and projects our Sew and Sews brought to share this week.

this little picture is about as cute as it can get. A quilted background and frame accented with themed buttons.

Wow. It is mounted on an acrylic stand via a sleeve stitched to the back, sort of like a book cover.

Our Karen made the above piece and this Halloween table runner as well. Love, love, love the binding!

center panel

Our Rose is on a roll with the 9 patch blocks on this one. Even though every color is represented here, the neutral backgrounds ties it all together.
see what I mean?

Do you remember our Cutting Bee from a few months ago? Here Never to let a 2 1/2 inch strip of fabric to lie about, Rose pieced this one, probably in her sleep!

Again, these fabrics have no common theme or color or pattern, but together, they really work!




 Have I mentioned how prolific Rose is? Might have mentioned it once or twice, yes? This project with the tiny 1 inch hexagons, (yes I know) formed into what looks like little flowers, is a portable project. In a large flat box, lined with a piece of quilt batting designed to keep the tiny pieces from sliding around during transport.   
I had to show you the back of this work, it is all hand stitched. Not pressed yet, I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Listen to me on this one, Betty Jane said she has some scraps. She saw a pattern called Whirleygigs.So, what the heck, lets see what happens. Now these aren't just some blocks that I would "throw together." From scraps yet. But our Betty Jane isn't me, that is certain. 

Just look at that precise piecing, the points, the angles, oh My!

Mmm-hummm.....whip a few of these babies up in my sleep:) smile:)

And when Miss Betty Jane get tired of the Whirleygigs she does one of these too.

she is Working on my Feathers, she says!

And last but not lease, Susan is hand piecing her hexagons. Precise and beautifully executed, this will be a modern take on the hex, can't wait to see the finished piece.
 Well My Pretties, thanks to all the ladies for sharing their work. When I leave this group each Tuesday, I am energized and know that many people will be gifted with lovely quilts and caps. To bless others with these items is an exercise in humanity.  And Heaven knows we need more of that.

Gratuity Moment: the countdown to the election continues and those annoying and ridiculous commercials will end, at least for a while. Not soon enough for me!

Comments

ELMO said…
I'm curious, do the designs reflect the personality of the creators?
Corrine said…
Yes and no. Quilters are, IMO, a very distinct personality group. They are open, happy and have a "glass half-full type of optimism." Like the traditional quilting bees, these weekly neighborhood groups are as much about sharing as they are about quilting. As an art form,in general,quilting is an evolutionary process and all of the group seem to be constantly evolving. While some members are leaning to a "modern" dimension many of us remain "traditional" in our styling but are attempting to stretch our color sensitivities. Each week shows another side of the quilter. Recent pieces represent service project quilts which will be donated in October. After wrapping these all up for the year you will see the arty stuff again and the personal great works.