My Friday This and That: Quilts, (Linus, Ladies, Sashiko) Books, Dogs

 Happy St . Patrick's Day! My heritage follows Irish lines, we never celebrated though. I honor the day but that's about all. Pittsburgh has the largest parade in the country. Our parade was last week, I didn't go. Cold, snow, crowds, drunks, no thank you. 


IMO, I will never be able to sort through all these files. There, I said it. I will likely set aside one day per week to mine the old stuff but hours of opening, deleting, moving files is rather boring. 

This link will take you to a post about how the Ladies of the Cloth supported and contributed to the Linus Project. 


I am not sure if I mentioned the March books I am reading. The Word is Murder By Anthony Horowitz may be my favorite of his books so far. He is famous for writing the screen plays for many movies and television programs such as Foyle's War, Midsomer Murders, etc. Most recently PBS showed the Magpie Murders and I just finished Moonflower Murders. Obviously, I am on a streak!The Word Is Murder: A Novel (A Hawthorne and Horowitz Mystery)

 

Another Ladies post but this one features Sashiko.

My word for the day, TOOTLE!  (to access a word of the day, HERE.

  • Spring is coming! My tulips are up, my forsythia is starting to bloom, and wonder of wonders, my daylillies are poking up about 4 inches! Way too early.    
  • Have a lovely weekend. I am making picnic food, don't laugh. Burgers on the grill, potato salad, and brownies and rice krispie cookies for the kids. I just had an urge.
  • Oh, and we have plenty to do with the baby dogs! What bundles of energy these two are. He, Ruger, is a bit of a bully, always wanting to set the pace, always the first in line for treats. Siggie, is an absolute  sweetheart. Shy but coming out of her shell. The monsters who tortured them will hopefully have to pay for their crimes. Having one puppy is quite a handful, having two, well, mama mia, glad it's not me! I'll try to get an updated photo soon. I have to get them to be still thought!!!!!
  • May be an image of dog

Comments