- I really like using a Kit for a new craft. All the pieces are there, they are color coordinated and there is essentially no waste.
- The pattern for this mat was well drafted and accurate.
- The written directions were good, a little wordy at times. Not entirely clear on some points explanations a little more complicated than they needed to be, but totally manageable.
- The Steam-a-Seam 2 adhered well to the black wool base mostly because the backing fabric was applied immediately, not manipulated and handled before it was secure.
- The finished weight of the piece is good. It lies nice and flat, no curled edges. The double pennies help with that.
- I will make another one, same size with my wools and a different process. I'll let you know how that works out.
- Have I mentioned how much I like working with wool? (:)
- about the kit
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
The Finish, These Pennies are Ready for the Count!
Like falling water, life goes on. Sadly, without a gentle man who has been the one behind the scenes. The one who kept the boat afloat. H...
Some years ago I "met" a fabulous, kind and generous person via an early message board that focused on hand embroidery. We were...
6 hours sewing yesterday! 6! Haven't been able to do that for Months. Is the space a mess, oh yes. Do I care? Not at all. Crikey, whe...
Goodie Gumdrops as muttered by Lord Grantham as he was trying to absorb the cultural changes of the world around him. I am in the same bo...