The Countdown, 18 Days!

Cute Yes? While decorating one of my favorite ornament collections is what I fondly refer to as the Woolies! I met the artist about 25 years ago at the Shaker Woods Festival in Columbiana, Ohio. here
I have not see a booth there for her for a few years and unfortunately I cannot find her business card. But here are some photo's of some of my favorite little characters. *addendum, while sorting more bins of decorations I cam upon a receipt for one of the critters, the name of the craft business is "The Ram's Horn." (from Pittsburgh area, there was no address)








Bear with a big smile.
Mama elephant with her baby on a sleigh.
Dirty snowman with rusted trumpet. 
One of about a dozen sheep. I really went through a sheep/lamb phase. 
Panda in pink ribbon.
Happy rolly/poly showman in gingham scarf and black hat. Note the "coal" buttons. 
Santa flying on a large goose. Not the best photo of this one, it is gorgeous. I will try again soon. 
Zebra with red muffler on sled.
Two rabbits on a sled.
Black face sheep.
 I am not sure if this is a goat or a reindeer?
This is a monkey with a halo, however the photo is dreadful. Unfortunately, blogger will not let me remove it without removing all the photo's, so please use your imagination. 
The Christmas goose with a wreath around his neck. 
Lovely Santa in burgundy robe, about 8 inches tall. 
A re-run. Cannot remove......................
 Snowman on a twig. Buttons instead of coal.
Happy Snowman with a broom and star.



There are more, not up yet. Hiding somewhere! Each of these are made by hand, articulated on a wire armature and wrapped with wool roving. Some of the elements are hand felted, some of the clothing and other pieces are felted wool. Some of my best memories of the Shaker Woods festival are looking at and  trying to decide which one to get.

Comments

ELMO said…
Yay Christmas has started!! I think the black faced sheep is winking at me.
Corrine said…
of course he is, he knows a cutie when he sees one:) :) :)