A Few of My Favorite Blogs, Number One, and a Shout Out to Gwen!

The week between Christmas and New Years's is a wonderful time to celebrate and visit with friends and family. While my Family is rather far away for a visit, my blog friends are a click away. All through the year I am inspired and thankful for the hard work contributions so many bloggers share. While the list is long, I have chosen 5 favorites to share with you, each its own genre. So here we go......In the Garment Design and Sewing Category:
New Issue, Feb/Mar 2013

During this busy week I did not want to postpone a BIG kudo to one of favorite blog authors, Gwen of The All My Seams Blog. Featured in Threads Magazine "Readers Closet" segment, her Bias Strip Jacket is front and center. Congratulations Gwen, the jacket is a work of art and you are a winner!

Gwen's Bias-Strip Jacket

Threads Magazine is the iconic reference for Sewists of every level of expertise. Predominately geared to the intermediate and experienced Sewist, the vision has changed a few times over the years. Just a few years ago the content was concentrated on the beginner. Hackles were raised among the sewing community and the content now has returned to its original mission while including some features for the beginner. The balance, to me, has improved.  For a few years, I was not on "the same page" so to speak and cancelled my subscription.  Over the last several years I have enjoyed the offerings, and featuring Gwen's jacket proves that the direction for the current Threads is right on.


Comments

gwensews said…
Thank you! Making the jacket was a learning curve, but lots of fun.
Corrine said…
When you first showed the jacket on your blog I forwarded it to a few sewing friends. We are all glad to see you featured in Threads. The details make it great!