How many Jelly Rolls have you admired or have in your stash? I have a few or so. While browsing the U-tubes I found a rather engaging idea. Apparently this little fad has been going around a while, as usual, I am a little late for the party. But the idea is brilliant. Take one Jelly Roll, any one, pick a favorite. Open it up, sew the short ends at 45 degree angles, cut off 18 inches of the first piece then start joining the long sides over and over until you have stitched the whole magilla into a quilt. You must watch the video to understand how easy this is. The object of the Marathon concept will become clear. Please watch, enjoy, consider. As soon as I get the Dogwood done, this is next. It would be a great project for a group quilting effort. No intricate patterns, no fussy piecing, no elaborate cutting. 
Video here. Tell me what you think. The music illustrates how much fun this could be.
*Dear Sew and Sew Members out there, what do you think about doing this as a fun day project?
**no compensation from Fat Quarter Shop received or implied
Video here. Tell me what you think. The music illustrates how much fun this could be.
*Dear Sew and Sew Members out there, what do you think about doing this as a fun day project?
**no compensation from Fat Quarter Shop received or implied
Comments
On November 23 I'll be attending a how-to-make-a-Jelly Roll-quilt-in-a-day workshop.
There's only one Jelly Roll in my stash :>) The beautiful one called 'Nature' by Fabric Freedom.
Looking forward to 11-23 so very much.
Cheers!
Jeanneke.