If I Had 40 Hours Per Week to Sew........

I often think of how great it would be to be able to spend 40 hours per week sewing, like a real job. I don't know where times goes. The household maintenance is one huge time sap for me, thanks to my best friends. The summer garden keeps me busy but not so much now that I am spending large amounts of time working there. With each decade I slow down a bit. And of course, my unspoken drive is now mostly in neutral. I don't need to sew up a storm to have new clothes right now, so I can coast a bit. The interest in fall fashion always wakes me up a bit though. My favorite season.

Recent posters have commented that the Burda Style for the season is the best and only good one of the year. I no longer get this one simply because it seemed repetitive and not to my lifestyle. And considering the price a total waste for me.



Click here for Vogue Patterns Magazine Oct/Nov issue is now out and a quick glance at the look book is promising. Fashion, recycled couture, and how to style a simple dress four ways for four totally different looks. I think all the pattern magazines are cyclical as well. This one looks like a keeper. My need for fancy dresses is quite slim and I look for wearable pieces. Strong trends include faux animal prints, bright colors in outerwear, large clunky jewelry and very high heels. Another blogger mentioned yesterday here that it is difficult to find shoes with a sensible heel. Apparently 3 to 4 inch heels are considered mid-heel now. 4, 5, and 6 inch heels are now considered high heels. Who wears these? I have only ever seen a few ladies (and one man) wearing these and they were tottering about and being held up, on either side, by friends in sensible shoes. The shoe comments are particularly appropriate right now since I am dealing with Achilles Tendonitis. The thought of those heels makes me want to scream.

Oh well, I am really off track here because the original premise was about trying to find more time to sew. How do you schedule your time? Or do you now schedule and grab bits and pieces when possible? I have had essentially none in the last two weeks and I need to examine why everything else is getting in the way. Today is booked to the edges with other commitments, see what I mean?

Gratuity Moments: those little wrap up heating pads to help relieve pain and increase blood flow to injured areas. To be transparent here I received the injury shopping at a craft fair, not running, not doing yoga or even just cardio. No, shopping. I will show the prize soon. Think Windsor.

Comments

ELMO said…
This is an interesting observation about the heels, I noticed that the last Chanel show featured models wearing flats. Maybe if we're all good we can send good thoughts out to shoe manufacturers regarding 2-3" heels.
Corrine said…
If we don't buy the stilts we might see more reasonable offerings.