Re-post-First Attempts with the Embellisher-Felted Leaves

While scanning through some old posts I found these. Your computer screen is not broken, these were the only colors of roving that I had at the time. I had every intention of attaching these to a tote bag last fall, but they have been misplaced. I am sure I will find them when I least expect. Moving the studio was difficult the first time, this time I thought I was more organized and methodical. Maybe not.

I didn't photograph the process, but this is how I did this:
  • I used craft felt, (note the weird green color in the background)  
  •  cut the shapes larger than the finished leaf would be, to allow for trimming
  • laying down various roving, I used the Babylock 12 Needle Embellisher, I felted the roving to the craft felt. This could easily be done with a hand needle felter.
  • I then laid down the wool self patterning yarn in a "vein" pattern
  • I trimmed the piece to the finished shape. 
Since I felted the little hearts pillow, I am in a felting state of mind I suppose.  I have not even touched the capabilities of this machine, but I will do more eventually.

Gratuity Moment: walking dogs, watching the sun come up, the special light that only occurs in the early morning.

ELMONT, NY - JUNE 06: Triple Crown hopeful I'll Have Another is led to the Belmont Stakes detention barn at Belmont Park on June 6, 2012 in Elmont, New York.  (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)

Gratuity Moment #2: for the owner who pulled his horse from the Belmont to protect him. Good Horse, Good Owner. I'll Have Another

Comments

gwensews said…
I've seen a lot of beautiful things done with the felting machine. Not only roving-but silks, wool fabrics, etc. I am so jealous of your machine. Have a terrific time with it.
Corrine said…
Morning Gwen. I have seen amazing stuff as well, someday I want to try the silks. By the way, I ordered my Claire Shaffer Jacket pattern since they were out of stock in our local Joann's. Must be popular because these are both well stocked large stores, got the Vogue Pattern Mag, too but have not had a chance to look at it. My biggest challenge is always fitting but finding the right fabric will be key. I saw some wool blend stuff yesterday and I need to check my stash.