I am not Martha Stewart, but I do like to keep up with certain housekeeping necessities. I think I need to get these tasks out of the way so that I can enjoy my studio time. All part of the process of getting back to my sewing and creating, these tasks need to be completed.
Of necessity, I honor my Mending Mondays. A habit I developed years ago, this one keeps the clothes from piling up, people saying..."where is my ------?" This month I have a cardigan whose stitches have pulled away from the neckline. Certainly not a shame because it is 20 years old. It is cotton, pale yellow, part of a twin set. They don't make them like this any more!
In a rush last fall I stored a few pieces that needed some work. When I pulled out a pair of RTW pants last week I was not happy to see the hem stitching all undone, I do not remember that...... A loose button or two needs repaired and two pair of new jeans need to be hemmed. Not a lot of work, but necessary. My bed and table linens are in good shape. I don't darn socks. I suppose if they were handmade socks I would.
No teaching moments in this mend, just simple restitching. However.....
Gratuity Moments: lessons learned, in the last two days:
- More and more people seem to be talking to themselves, let them, it is safer.
- Remember those cute shoes you Just had to have? You knew when you bought them that they are 1 hour shoes, not 5 hour shoes, not walking shoes. 1 hour maybe 2 hours Max! Make a note!
- If you must grocery shop on a busy week-end day, remember to "gird your loins" or "wear shin guards" or some sort of metal strapping to protect your Achilles Tendon! Yes, lady, you know who you are! May the buggy-bumper gods have mercy on you! Now I limp.
Comments
Especially the first lesson learned: - More and more people seem to be talking to themselves....
Thanks!
May your Achilles Tendon get well soon and you walking smoothly in your favourite, 'good-buy' shoes :>)
Have a nice tea(pot Tuesday).
Cheers,
Jeanneke.