Two Baby Quilts- Different Styles

The Sew and Sews meet in a lovely church and they are kind enough to let us occupy the choir room on Tuesday mornings. Several members of the group belong to this church and shared the happy news that the Choir Director and his wife were expecting. That put the "...lets make them a quilt" project in motion. This is the top. Please note the musical theme of the fabric. While not particularly juvenile in theme, we think it is just right for these parents and the child to come.

 Another lucky baby will receive this charming quilt from Joan, another Sew and Sew member. Made with classic Bunny fabrics, it is a study in fussy cut stars. Beautiful.


Gratuity Moment: for the recipients, it hasn't happened yet. For me, I still have the very special quilts presented to me for my babies from Husband's Grandmother. Priceless.

Comments

Jeanneke said…
Treasure your quilts!
I made my first one out of all the children's clothes fabric scraps and offered it as a gift to a young woman in Bosnia, who had nothing after that horrible war.
I'm sorry to say that I do miss my first quilt sometimes, although it is in the best hands, the best place and the best use....

These two new baby quilts are g o r g e o u s !!

I made a little baby quilt for my third grandchild, that's expected in June. When the darling has arrived I'll post pictures of it on my blog.

What a wonderful quilt group you're in.

Cheers!

Jeanneke.
Corrine said…
You are so lucky, a baby in June. I will love to see the pictures of your quilt. I am in an amazing quilt group. They are the best!