Organizing the Studio-#3

I popped into Office Max to get the new year day planner, yes I still do that stuff. They were having some little post-holiday sales and these caught my eye. Not your basic brown masonite board, these are clear plastic with stylized floral design. I placed these in the corner on the west wall. Right now they show the next to patterns in the queue, if I ever get everything moved.



The famous IKEA book shelf unit. Sewing, knitting, crochet, quilting books, some stacked two deep. I need to reduce this collection a bit more, but not today. In the second row the small baskets hold some craft patterns and quilt patterns. The third row, 1st cubicle, is the entire Singer Sewing Library. The bottom shelf holds the baskets of patterns. They are categorized as: jackets and coats, blouses and tops, pants and skirts, dresses and night wear. I will probably need to do some editing there as well. another day. My plan is to try the famous "design wall" for my quilts attached to the front of this book-shelf, somehow. It will probably work, but that is yet to be seen.
There are some built-in shelves to the right that has years and years of Threads, Sew Beautiful and other Machine Embroidery Magazines.    
Add caption
 The chests are to the left of the bookshelves, there is a small file cart to the left of the chests. It holds hand quilting tools, some office-type equipment, on top of that is and sorting stacker of tear sheets that need to be filed and current magazines. The doorway out of the room is far left. That leads to a hallway, and the laundry room. 
I unearthed this home-made spool keeper inherited from Husbands Grandmother.

a picture frame, in some kind of resin/plaster like little diorama's

another one

little shoes

flowers on a table, with a doily, a feathered cap on the right

boots, on a floral carpet next to a carved bombe chest

on top of the chest is a little box, a book of sewing needles and a thread stand!
 I need to put a picture of something in them. Cute. And the process continues......

Gratuity Moment: I totally forgot about the picture frames, reminds me of another time when I had different plans. Good times.

Comments

The Style Crone said…
Your are incredibly organized! I know how much energy that takes and admire what you have done.
Corrine said…
(((smile))) I am only showing you the good stuff!
Everything looks very nice and organized. Those chests are great! Did you buy them new? I am looking for something similar to contain my fabrics. I need to go check out #1 and #2
Corrine said…
Hi Connie. Yes, I did buy them new,IKEA. I picked them up about 5 years ago. They have held up well, they are literally full to the brim. I use the tops for small cutting projects as well rather than opening the big table. (show that in another post) Just know that if you get these they need to be assembled. Good luck!