Another flannel Cuddle-Up

looks like a present, wrapped like a present
first rag-edge quilt
 Another Quilt Show find. This charming little bundle is a heavy weight, velvet textured flannel. Yes, flannel. The hand is divine, the colors are saturated and the prints are beautiful. I plan another rag-edge quilt for this.   The display in the vendors booth featured essentially the same pattern as the one I made before. 
selvage information

the assortment

cutters, rag edge
Just look at these stunning prints. Each one is special on its own, but as a group they really compliment each other. I saw another rag-edge quilt made with 5 inch squares that were stitched through each square with an X. I have to think on this a bit. I really am leaning to the rectangle shaped block arranged in the off set pattern. Then again, I could alternate the rectangles and squares like a Flemish bond bricklayers pattern.
After joining the blocks all those little seams have to be cut to form the fringe. I totally ruined a pair of scissors doing that on the first one so I bit the bullet and bought a pair of these heavy duty cutters, one would think I am going to prune fruit trees! I was assured by the seller that these will do the job.  So, in between 29 other on-going projects, I will fit this one in. Stay tuned:)

Comments

Erika Mulvenna said…
Nice fabrics, and they look like they will make a very cozy quilt! If you're still on the fence about designs, check out all the great quilting patterns and tutorials over at www.WeAllSew.com - great stuff!
Corrine said…
thanks for the information. if I just had about 10 more hours in the day, he he.
julochka said…
wait, don't you have 12 quilts underway? and you're starting another one? ha! this, i know well! but i can totally see that flannel is irresistible. :-)

xox,
/j
Corrine said…
It is true Julochka. I need to head out to IKEa to pick up more of their storage shoe boxes. They are made of some sort of synthetic fabric but have clear plastic windows so you can see content, they close with Velcro. How I wish I would have invented Velcro!I have those babies stacked up like cord-wood holding all my in progress quilts. I am a restless soul and work on several things at one time. Bad habit, but there you have it.