Easy Please!

 A touch of indoor color.

 In my down time this morning while waiting for my cabbage to rest, (I'm making sauerkraut) I did a little scanning of the social media sites and some of my favorite blogs. I'm looking for easy, not just for me, for someone else who might like a quick stitch. With the holidays creeping up on us, I would like to get one larger project done, finish one UFO, and maybe whip up a few littles. ****sorry this photo keeps disappearing.......May be an image of quilt and text


Now this little block is interesting and easy. The colors are not what I am thinking, I am considering Autumn shades, but a closer look shows one center fussy cut block. The rest of the block is triangles cut from a 6 strip strip set. Of course it was posted as a finished block with no measurements but to my eye, each strip in the set appears to be a finished width of 1 1/4 inches. The center block finished at 3 1/2 inches. You could easily change the measurements to suit your center block or the desired finished size. Since September was designated as Jelly Roll month, you could easily use up those bits left over or an orphan roll left over from another project, or like me a random one I bought for a bargain because I liked the colors.

And then for the littles, so many ideas pop into my head. My projects will lean to Fall colors because they will be included in my Fall baskets for friends and family that I distribute at Thanksgiving dinner. This year will be a little different. I have some new ideas that I will share then. But in the meantime , how about a scan of one yard projects shared by lovely and generous Caroline of Sew Can She 

Scarfand's Mixed Colors Oil Paint Tie-dye Spring Fashion Versatile Lightweight Infinity Scarves Head Wrap

One of her first offerings is an Infinity Scarf. I have a love-hate relationship with these and I have discovered that fabric choice is the key. Quite frankly, quilting cotton doesn't drape very well. I made one in a class a few years ago, it would have been better to use that fabric for something else. I have some lovely rayon, even a nice little piece of silk crepe that I may consider. But quilting cotton, not for me.   

She shows a hobo bag, a pillow case, and one of my favorites, cloth napkins. I like to make up sets of these to give as hostess gifts. And don't forget microwave bowl cozies. That said, don't forget to check out her blog site. There are many more ideas there.     

*Because her blog is an income source, I cannot copy her photo's here due to copyright laws. You can go to the link and use any of the content for yourself. She is very generous by sharing most of her work without cost to you and just reading the content in each category, you will be richer for it. 

Comments