Sewing Alert: September is National Sewing Month!

 May be an image of quilt and textJust a little pop-in to remind everyone that this month has been designated National Sewing Month. When I became aware of this I felt that we were justified in our hobby or vocation. My sewing life began at age 9, I knew no one  in my friend group who sewed. My grandmother, Anna Mae, was a dressmaker by trade, my aunt Jean was a "necessity" stitcher and her work was amazing. I had a book, there were no video's or classes near me so I learned on my own. I think that has cemented the sewing gene for me, it is still there. 

Many bloggers and businesses have a give away or two and some have posted free patterns. It is my hope that the attention given to sewing and quilting will entice young people to take a look into this amazing hobby. Quilting saved me, literally. Another long story but today, just take a moment for yourself to appreciate just how much you enjoy the craft.  

Anyway, many retailers have giveaway's to celebrate. Here are a few things to investigate!

The history of National Sewing Month, HERE. 

The Home of National Sewing Month, HERE.  

Gold Star Tool has a really great post, HERE. 

Stacy Lee Creative, HERE, You Tube video give away. A charming Austrailan lady who now lives in the US is sharing her favorite notions, HERE.  


Comments