Bits and Pieces: Crochet Projects for Deep Winter, The Puff Stitch

While the blue berry muffins are cooling, I decided to check my email. I have been considering starting a new crochet blanket, for someone special, and this popped up in my feed. I even like this mossy green color! Since I am on the hunt for a new Winter project, meaning post holiday season, this looks interesting. Those long winter evenings are already calling me. I like to work on something fairly simple while husband scrolls 500 channels, for hours. That way I don't feel my time is wasted.

 Have you ever worked with a "tubular yarn?" Quite frankly, I never even heard of it.  The story is HERE along with a tutorial video and free pattern.

A quick Google search and I see it's available at Joann's, some Amazon sites, and Etsy sellers. I will need to see this one in person. I will check it out before a sale because this new stuff disappears quickly when there is a discount and the colors get sold out ending up with not enough yarn to make the project. 

  • This yarn is 72% cotton and 28% nylon. I'm always a bit leery of yarn with any non-natural fiber, I'm remembering the synthetic yarns of the 1970's. 
  • I have a bunch of skein ends left over from other projects that I want to put into a bowl for decoration, or even large mason jars to decorate my little studio. I can't have them out anywhere Lola can interfere. She will never leave them alone.
  • I hope to get in there today to clear away all the things that were placed in there while we cleared the laundry room for the new washer. No flat space allowed in there it seems. If (and when) I ever get it suitable, I will tour. Right now, it looks much like high wind damage.  


Comments