I'm Thinking Patriotic Wall Hanging? Red, White, and Blue, How Are You?

I consider Summer to be a patriotic season. From Memorial Day, through July 4th, and onto Labor Day in September. My flag bunting is hung on the front porch railings. I have a few little flag themed decorative pieces for the tables and a wall hanging or two. I used to deck the whole house with decorative items but now I am a little more measured. That said, here are some ideas. 


 This beauty was at the 2015 Three Rivers Quilt Show, I do not have an attribution.

This Henry Glass panel is one that I made in 2019 for my MIL's room in the nursing home. The bare institutional walls were asking for something. It is now hanging in my sewing room. I think of her often when I see all the panels I made for her because she loved telling everyone about them, they helped orient her to the seasons.

 One Nation Patriotic Anthem Panel 24"x 44/45"-Henry Glass Fabrics-My Favorite Quilt StoreAnother panel I picked up, not yet layered and quilted. It was a popular piece at a Quilt Shop Hop a few years ago. Not sure where I bought it. 

 Now this beauty I know was shared at our Tuesday gathering. I am not sure which member made this but isn't it beautiful. Such a multi-talented group of ladies.

 Continuing on the patriotic theme, I found this photo in my archives. I would love to tell you where I found it. Was it an internet photo? A mini-quilt by one of my quilting friends from 2-3 years ago? or from the blog of someone I follow? I have no specific pattern but if you have basic quilting design knowledge, this one should be fairly easy.   ***This is from the Ladies of the Cloth group, not sure who made it but I found it in another photo file. Cute, right?
P1040566.JPG This is half square triangles in red, white, and blue and two borders. One skinny in the multi-color print and one in the blue tone on tone fabric.   

Charm squares would be so good for this one. I have an Accuquilt die that cuts squares and half squares.  

******************************************************************************

Well, that's all for today. I'm off to the city to see my doctor, again. Pain control has become a big deal. Today we are considering another spinal injection. The tricky part of this for me is climbing up onto the table where the x-ray machine is. They often tilt or turn the table to get just the right angle before inserting the needles. Not my favorite way to spend a Wednesday.

Comments