Flowers Bring Joy, Lunch Does Too!

Bouquet of the week, yellow daisies and yellow snap dragons. Glorious snap dragons. It has been my habit to purchase or pick one stunning bundle of flowers each week. Most of these come from the grocery store, not a big fancy florist. Some of my arrangements are really not too good but the flowers are. I keep trying.  The table runner is an oldie, don't look closely, I chopped off some points 😉

And now, my Friday lunch. I've been experimenting with quick and easy meals for mid-day. I try really hard to get into my sewing room by 1 pm most days now. That is my plan to get things done. It doesn't take much to distract me, time wise, and in a blink the day is gone. 

This is really easy. I use a purchased puff pastry, roll it out a bit, often with some Italian herbs sprinkled on before rolling. This one has a spinach filling. I sauteed fresh spinach, about 2 cups, just a few drops of olive oil, and a table spoon of finely minced garlic, and about 2 tablespoons of finely sliced green onion. You could use any onion or shallot, what ever you have.

20220403_220231 (2).jpgI did dab the spinach to remove any moisture then spooned it onto the center of the pastry, added about 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese, fold in the four corners and place it on a foil lined pan, baked it for 22 minutes at 350 F (all ovens are different, so watch yours closely.) I also brushed the folded pastry with a beaten egg for browning.     
I let it cool just a bit, cut it in half to share and enjoyed it with a small chopped salad and some ice tea. That one will be a repeat. 


Have a lovely weekend, read something special, cook something special, or just sit on your porch with a cuppa and savor the beauty around you. A little jelly roll quilt from several years ago, perfect for porches, tables, chairs, just the right size. This is where I will be. Toodles.

Comments