Little Blooms, Linen Secrets, The Royal School of Needlework, Book of Embroidery

 Good Morning stitchers. Blooms, all blooms enchant me. This color grouping reminds me of the little purses the group from Mary Corbet's site are making. My kit came last week. Now, this is a little trinket of a purse. The purpose of these free-to-follow stitch-alongs is to learn to create your own designs. It is all a learning process, of course, and you have a take-away at the same time. I have done little embroidery over the last few years and I am really looking forward to working on this one.  (*The last couple weeks have been very meager in the stitching realm. My arthritic pain is causing me to search my vocabulary for just the right phrases to indicate angst! )

Mary Corbet is the consummate designer. Her work is so advanced that I admit that I am a bit intimidated. A stitching friend once reminded me that you have to start somewhere. 

I have a plan and I am not sure where the idea sparked in my wee brain but I think it is a good one. When I am quilting on my long arm, I test the stitch and the pattern in the sidelines. I am able to monitor stitch tension and flow in the pattern by doing this. I am going to attempt to match the linen from my stash and test my stitching before I put needle to fabric on the project. That piece will end up like a little sampler. I hope. 

 

 The Royal School of Needlework Book of Embroidery: A Guide To Essential Stitches, Techniques And ProjectsWhat a beautiful book this is. So many people have contributed to this tome, worth it's weight in gold just for the viewing. 

HERE is a link to the Little Blooms project. Because I am a Patreon member of this site, I will also be getting PDF's for the instructions. 

May be an image of text

Comments