Hello March!

  

The fields of Highclere. 

I hope this new month finds you happy, healthy, wealthy, and wise. Happiness, of course, is subjective. Healthy is self explanatory while wealthy can be interpreted in so many ways. I am not in any way wealthy in the financial sense, but I am so blessed to have a roof over my head, plenty of food to eat, and a family that I adore. Friends enhance my life everyday and my sewing space is like a little gift every time I enter. Wisdom occurs with time and growth of spirit. In little snippets, I feel personal growth has provided me with the wisdom of those I study. I am a reader, I enjoy various genre, from each I learn something that I can use to provide a contentment that would otherwise be unable to reach.

 

The color green, the month of March, the first day of  meteorological Spring. There is a large farm across our street. No longer operational, it has been for sale for some time. The neighborhood has been a bit nervous about what may happen to the beautiful fields, the rolling hills, the ancient farmhouse. Fearing hundreds of townhouses, I was so relieved when we discovered that a young couple has purchased the property and it will be a horse farm. There are now 5 residents grazing the upper fields. What a beautiful view I have. There are several horse boarding farms in the area. A bucolic atmosphere that reminds me of why we moved here. 


I am working on my blue/yellow quilt in the snippets of time, I have been working on the endless crochet blanket project (I am bored with it again) I have redrafted the Parker Ponte Pants to the point where they are hardly recognizable. I have not cut into the fabric yet. I am surely not the only one who hesitates when the time comes. I have to be totally sure of the plan because I absolutely hate wasting fabric. I will do it, maybe tomorrow. 

  •  

I am tied up again today with the kitchen cupboard door replacement. This better be the last issue with this company. Seriously, while they repair and/replace anything the do not do properly but ladies and gentlemen, we have been doing this for over 2 years! Give me a break, please. I had plans today, the worker cancelled on Friday, postponed yesterday, and now tomorrow is shot. 

 

  • Our sad news this week is about our "Bug." A dear old man, he was a rescue, we were never sure of his age, estimated about 14 or 15 by the vets. He has had multiple medical issues, most like why he was surrendered to begin with. But my son and dil have sheltered him and taken care of him for several years. After some dental work on Friday he was poorly, did not rebound. His kidneys failed, he has crossed the rainbow bridge. We will miss that little character. He was part of our family. He and Lola were good friends. 
  • King Arthur dot com, HERE.  Is often my go to for baking inspiration. Not long ago I ordered several products to stock up for the snowy Winter weather so I wouldn't have to go to the grocery store. Since we have been fortunate with little bad weather I decided to start using the items I bought. This one is absolutely lovely. It reminds me of the dinner rolls that are served in our favorite restaurant that leans toward middle European food. Much of the Bavarian and German offerings feature a bread like this. I just put it in the bread machine and it turned out great. I will order more. 

I stopped making the sourdough for now. With just two of us, there is just too much waste in the discard. We just can't eat that much bread, pancakes, waffles, etc.   As I awaken to a distant birdsong, shadows and sunshine I am grateful for so much.. I am learning, day by day, to plan a little better, to work on what I enjoy, and to look forward to the days ahead. Soon I will be scouring the garden stores for my herbs and flowers, soon I will put the quilts on my porch rocking chair and enjoy time with my dog. I have been doing a little experimenting with my newer cookbooks. From a basil tomato tart to a juniper berry infused chocolate cake, I am reaching for change and a more diverse menu. 

Be well. Search for your passion. There are many things we can do to enhance our lives, let's do it.   

Comments

marly said…
If I had a view of such peace, I would never the porch. But I don't have a view, nor a porch. So glad to hear the pastures and fields you can view will not change. Wonderful news.