A Day Earlier Than Planned, About A Sale (25%!!!!)

 94,831 Daffodil Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

 Good Morning Sewists! Whether your adventures with thread and fabric lean to clothing, quilting, or home dec, working to achieve the highest quality work possible is our passion. A mediocre effort reflects our work style, our skills, and our overall learning curve. 

 

One person who is the epitome of perfection in pattern design, choices of fabrics, and teaching is Louise Cutting. The first time I saw one of her fashion shows at a Sewing Expo, I was curious. Her patterns reflect an artsy style. In the early 1990's I had little use for clothing of that genre, but her meticulous fitting and construction has always been a goal to achieve. I do have a few of her patterns, I have made two of them. Her one seam pant patterns is genius and has spanned decades as one to use, with or without adjustments or styling. Fabric choice is always the defining element. I met her at the next show I attended. A celebrity in the sewing world, she was rather quiet, immaculately dressed, and anxious to assist the buyer in her booth to choose just the right fabric for their pattern. She wanted each person to be a success. That is the mark of a professional. A-n-y-w-a-y....I just wanted to share that there is a big sale going on at her website. Fabric, patterns, books are all included. Just to be clear, her fabric is pricey. Her selection is amazing, her designer fabrics sell out quickly. This is one of those Just so you know things, HERE.

 Louise writes the most meticulous directions you will ever see with a pattern. Unfortunately, this is severely lacking these days. Many patterns are designed by a person who knows and understand the process, but the instructions are left to a technical non-sewer to interpret. Often, that's not too good and not proof read. For the experienced sewist that is not a big deal, for the new stitcher, that is a disaster because the frustration will result in a shabby representation of what is on the envelope and that new stitcher will give up. Not what we want.  (did you notice how easily I slipped into one of my themed rants?) There is a little conversion chart to print and keep in your wallet that provides information about how to purchase fabrics based on the typical amount of fabric needed for blouses, skirts etc. 

And then there is this........

I had to laugh at myself yesterday. You know how I am with my machines and tools, so in a pocket of time yesterday (waiting for my carpenter to return with the kitchen cupboard doors he was replacing) since I couldn't really start anything else, I started scanning the Baby Lock Website, HERE to see if there were any new projects that would interest me. I came upon two free video's explaining the basics and another explaining how to use the feet that came with my Accomplish machine. I wanted this machine so that I could do some piecing etc. while the Destiny did the embroidery. Well, one of the videos pointed out a marking on the sole plate that was a horizontal line, versus the vertical lines that marked seam width. Duh! Such a simple thing, such a helpful marking, I cannot believe I didn't even notice it. The pin feed system on this machine has been really helpful when working with corduroy and velveteen. video, HERE. Just a bit of info, nothing earth shattering here but the minute I had this heavy little bugger unpacked and on a sturdy table, I was threaded and flying along. Again, I should have read the manual, I'll remember that.   

 ****no compensation received or implied, just a satisfied customer of Louise Cutting and Baby Lock😀😀😀Baby-Lock_Accomplish_sewing-machine_1500-stitches-per-minute-sewing-machine

Comments