The Friday Bits and Pieces

 

A snippet of the hand applique on one of my Vintage Quilts now out for airing and a re-fold before returning to its storage space.

 Happy Friday everyone. I hope this day has you anticipating a great weekend. If you are a football fan I suspect you are preparing for Super Bowl celebrations. I couldn't help but notice that our local Costco has totally rearranged certain sections of the store to acommodate those having parties. I couldn't find several things and asked a young man who was filling freezers and he said they did rearrange for the parties and of course, it stimulates shoppers to walk the aisles looking for what they need. Since I struggle with walking long distances, even with the buggy for support, I asked if there was a map of the store. He said there was not but he would mention it to his supervisor. 

Since I am not participating in a Super Bowl event (my Steelers really stunk this year, I am not used to it. Pirates go to Spring Training soon, I will have something to follow.) My focus will be The Parker Ponte Sew Along with Tom Kat Stitchery. Whitney, the blogger, had scheduled and rescheduled this event several times, however, her studio has been remodeled and it has taken much longer than she expected. She is going to try to start this weekend. Tom Kat Stitchery, HERE. I will proceed on my own if she has to postpone again. 

The Style Arc Parker Ponte pattern has been in my view for about a year. Pants are tricky. There are lots of measurements that translate to a good fit....or not. I have lots of Ponte, This pair will be a test sew and I will go from there. I have off-white, pale blue, and black yardage. I have not cut into the pricey stuff, I want to test first. 

 Anna Madeley as Mrs. Hall in All Creatures Great and Small Season 3

 

On Sunday evening I prepare for this outstanding program. Are you a fan of the PBS series All Creatures Great and Small? I absolutely love this program. That is a rare admission, I thoroughly enjoyed the original series but this version is amazing. Give me a lady in the kitchen cooking on an AGA type cooker, a houseful of animals, and classic tweeds and styles, I am all over that. 

I love the introduction of tea time treats. A shot of sherry now and then to soothe the troubled soul and a little basket of yarn on a table near the fire, please, what is not to love?

In the most recent episode, no. 5, Mrs. Hall bakes shortbread cookies to give to her son who she hasn't seen in years. Here is the recipe. My Saturday bake will be these cookies. They will be great for our evening snack when we tune in. Mrs. Hall's Shortbread Recipe

The newsletter article about how the clothes are designed for the show, HERE.  

Comments