Well Now, Happy 2023

 As we begin another year as creatives, no matter how your creative spirit manifests itself, there are sometimes when we need to step back and take an inventory of how we want to spend our time and talent. When I saw this little poster, it felt just right for all of us tea drinking, snappy stitching sisters.

 May be an image of text that says 'You can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first. Unknown dPubnl'

Okey-dokey, where to start? Since my party days are long in the rear view mirror, there is no headache on board for me today! After a lovely early dinner at a beautiful restaurant owned by family members, we returned home to our sweet Lola. Of course, the neighbors made a bit of a racket when the clocked chimed 12, but once a year, they are entitled to celebrate!

Today is an opportunity to pick up where I left off on my blue blocks.

I am also starting to think about some little projects for St. Valentines Day. What could be more fun than little boxes of chocolates in a zip or drawstring bag that can be used for another purpose? Cosmetic bags, keepers for our bags, even a little box of chocolates for ourselves as well! Maybe some mug rugs.  

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves, ha, ha! Good think I don't do that.   

On this day I am grateful for; 

  • fixing my little clock radio. Who knew all I had to do was to hold that one little button down for 5 seconds? You see, it has a clock face that I can adjust in brightness. A restless sleeper needs this.
  • I found an amazing body cream that has soothed my dry Winter skin, I'll discuss it in the future once I have tested it a bit more. 
  • Is there anything more satisfying than the "just right" pen? I write a bit, well a lot, in my journals and my practice cook book. I like to test recipes and make notes in the journals before I commit the recipe to my always-in-progress personal cook book. I have been working on it for years and years. It is one of those projects that will never be finished, and that's OK. The fine point pen with blue ink, no scratching, well, I am grateful.   
May this year bring us the contentment and joy we all need in our lives. May we be blessed with good health. May each stitch we take be one that brings us that wonderful sense of completion. No matter what the project, it will be a good one. Happy New Year 2023!

Comments

Jeanneke said…
Happy 2023 to you dear friend!
I will continue and enjoy reading here. Thank you for the inspiration, joy and wisdom you share that so often fill my heart and make my days.
Blessings and love,

Jeanneke.
celkalee said…
So good to hear from you on this day, may your New Year be filled with good health, happiness with those beautiful grandchildren, and great prosperity.