Links to Help Me Think, Some Ideas for Reading and Stitching

 

I moved the Poinsettias to this window to improve their light exposure. The one on the right is not looking too good. I did have a little pile of books on that table that I had to move, now where to put them? I now only buy hard back books if they are cookbooks, specific subjects I will use for reference, or the occasional faith-based study book. So this weekend will be a book related exercise. Our local Goodwill accepts books and I will make another trip there. 


As I type this, Miss Lola is snoring loudly in the chair next to me. She is an early riser, very early. We were hoping when we turned the clocks back one hour in the Fall that we might get another hour of sleep. No, she has an internal clock that never changes. So while she naps, we drag around because we are tired! Husband walks miss energy plus every morning, about a half mile or more. Or she walks him, I am never sure. She has her breakfast, then she naps. 

Today is a "Linky-Dink" sort of post. I am sending you some links to peruse. I have been reading and ordering some new books. I do have a book problem, now I need to find a way to keep the old favorites on the shelves. Mary offers some ideas for some great reading, I need to think about this.

About

 The Arts and Crafts movement is having a revival of sorts. Women have been studying the elements of the style and incorporating that into their own needle work. In my area there are many homes built in the early 1900's that continue to display their Arts and Crafts history. One of my best friends lives in one, actually a Sears Catalog Home from 1921. I love visiting her. She has kept the floor plan, updated the kitchen and bathroom, but the bones of the home are still there with the arches, the stained glass windows in the living room flanking the fireplace. Such charm, such a welcoming home. Of course, the home is the heart of the friend. The dining cubby in the kitchen still has the little table and booth benches. In this weeks post, Mary Corbet discusses how the Arts and Crafts movement is influencing needlework today, HERE.   

 I cannot imagine being the follow-up act for Nancy Zieman. I do miss seeing her smiling and calming face, encouraging stitchers of all levels of expertise. She had the "you can do this" demeanor before it became a pop culture mantra!

Are you looking for something a little different for storage in your sewing area, near your stitching chair, or even in that "neverland" that seems to swallow small items under your vanity sink? Well, this fabric tote might be your answer. It is a handled bin, the fabric is fortified with a foam-like support. Stitch-it-Sisters show you how, HERE.

 Quilt table runner on kitchen tableIf you are like me, you may have strips left over from larger projects. I am always looking for ways to use up the little pieces. Connie Kresin is the queen of patterns that are easily and quickly made. If you are looking for something for your table or as a gift, this might work for you. This is the post where she illustrates how easily this one can be made, HERE.  

Well, that's all for today, may your week-end be a peaceful and productive one, see you next week.   

Comments