January, What Makes You Happy?

 

My pink Astilbe from a few years ago, oh how I am aching for Spring....and it's only mid January!My flower gardens make me happy. That first cup of screaming hot coffee makes me happy. My studio, clean, makes me happy. Even in the dreaded Winter I search for the little things in life that make me happy. This morning we had a "dusting" of snow, it is beautiful The roads are clear, that makes me happy. I saw my very busy black squirrels running around and jumping on the fallen trees in the woods. Since their black fur contrasts with the snow they are visible. I thought they might have moved on but they have been here all the time, blending in with the woodlands. That makes me happy, they are characters, very entertaining. And today the last item on my list is opening a little box set aside before the holidays, filled with candles I bought from a local shop. Lit candles on an overcast dreary day brighten the spirit.

Finding time to do what I want remains a challenge. Sometimes I wonder how this happens. Retirement has seemingly taught me to stretch what I have to do into longer blocks of time. Since Monday is a kitchen-clean-day, it is a busy day, but I have the blue blocks on the kitchen island, ruler and chalk pencils in place to mark the fabric. No stopping me today, I can't finish cleaning the kitchen until I mark the blocks to be sewn.  

Lots of blues here. Right now 

Are you a Downton Abbey Fan or interested in the history of the life of the Earls of Carnavon? Letters from Lady Carnavorn may interest you, HERE.

Let's make a self-binding placemat, HERE!

Afternoon Tea? Just follow me, HERE!

Comments