The Stitching Smart-Alec The Week Before Christmas-Feeling Winsome

 May be an image of natureI'm glad this little, well not so little guy, is laughing! This time next week he will be stretching his legs to travel all around the world to help Santa bring gifts to all the little girls and boys. My question is....well not to be rude....but what about the rest of us? (*remember ladies, jewelry is always negotiable)

If you need sewing tools, you all best be letting the gifters know! I seriously cannot fit another thing in the Sewtopia studio but I would like a re-do organization plan. My DIL has turned a small bedroom into an amazing space! Really. Now she only has one machine out, but that room is a dream. 

In an online group I belong to, one lady asked if we decorate our sewing rooms and how. Well, there was a time when I did. I had a little tree by my stitching chair, I had twinkle lights on the bookshelves, and little gingerbread ornaments hanging from pegs below little nick-nack shelves. Now the chair is long gone because a really big mean dog was terrified of thunder and lightening and would wake me up in the middle of the night, direct me down to my sewing room. I closed the door, there were no windows, I turned the TV on low and that monster crawled up on me, with his massive jaws right against my carotid arteries and wimpered like a puppy until he settled down. My weight plus his made short work of that chair. After that, I laid a quilt and some other padded blankets on the floor and we all cuddled up there. There was a black lab that joined us, she was the most wonderful dog I have ever known. What I did for those dogs! The twinkle lights are there, in  their box, no time to hang them and I can't even reach the little shelves anymore without moving furniture and using a ladder because reaching over the 4 drawer chests and a long arm machine is just not in the cards these days. 

My answer to her question was that I take all the Christmas fabrics that never got made into the projects planned and drape them over the machines and tables. Looks like Christmas to me tootsie! Got a few chuckles and an amen or two on that idea!

On that note, I hope your preparations are going well and I will pop in when possible. Sewing is turning into torture right now. The pain in my leg is intolerable. I still need to wait almost 2 months before being considered for surgery. I see the doctor at the end of January, not sure I will make it that long. Christmas dinner will be abbreviated. Prime rib will hit the oven and son will be here to take it out, I cannot lift it out of that new (stupid) oven. A few sides are planned and easy, as are deserts. No pierogi this year, no latke, no special dish for each person, they are glad they aren't eating Colonel Sanders. 

Toodles!

 

 

Comments

marly said…
The Colonel sounds like a plan! I've already changed the Christmas ravioli dinner to the Eve, and will crock a large rubbed roast to shred instead. Good buns and condiments, eat when you want! No pierogi and smelts this year.