Happy New Year-If You Sew, You Know-It will Be A Good Year!

 No matter how you celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of the next, the turning of the calendar page or hanging the new calendar signals that special time when some, if not many of us have made or will make "resolutions," or at least a general idea of how we want to best use our time. No matter how you approach this time, my best wishes go with you. And those of us who sew, know that we can make the best of our time making and creating and giving and sharing!

Happy New Year 2023 sparkles banner, Generative AIOf course, this year, like every other, will have good moments and not so good, happy times and sad. That is normal. The key to a fulfilled life is to savor the current moment. Our past is past, we cannot fix what we perceive as broken from that time as much as we wish we could. The future is unknown, that is likely a good thing because who among us can handle the stress that would be created from that knowledge? We often see that as a theme in movie and TV plots, no thanks, I'm OK just like this.

Well educated and perceptive minds way beyond my pay grade spend hours and hours helping those of us who seek the answer to happiness and peace. With the birth of each New Year I try to embrace a hopeful attitude. Everything in my life including family and friend relationships, sewing and projects, as well as cooking, gardening, home and haven. This is my life, my home is my sanctuary. In that space I live, work, breathe. I may include a big project this year, or two. One inside, one outside.  

Today, day 1,  I will honor a Western Pennsylvania tradition, we will have pork and sauerkraut on New Years day. I will speak with my people and spread good wishes. We keep a traditional calendar on the back of the door that leads to our basement. This is sort of command central. Officially, it finds its place today. I keep a calendar on my phone as well. Today is a Holy Day for us as well. We hope to see many of our church family before and after our service. 

Day 2, is a Monday, I will return to my normal Monday schedule. Keeping my schedule for meals, shopping, cleaning etc. affects me in a positive way. By maintaining these routines, I feel a type of control in a life dotted with doctor appointments, therapy etc. This day is still an official holiday, those who are not retired get to enjoy one more holiday respite. 

So may you all have a wonderful day. May you all embrace your skills to enhance your life and bring you joy.. May you continue to learn how to do what you do to the best of your ability. May our loved ones understand our need to be creative.  Remember that a good pizza covers all the food groups. Pizza delivery people need their jobs and really appreciate their tips. Branch out, experiment with a new shop or switch from Napolese style to Sicilian. I am so lucky, husband Loves Pizza!

   May be a cartoon of text


Comments