Happy Hanukkah

Hanukkah 2022 - Celebration, History and Traditions

Awakened to snow on the ground, just a bit and 24 F. I know that I am always complaining about the weather, it's a thing. I prefer to deal with 6 weeks of cold misery vs. months of sweltering. I am very limited in my temperature comfort range. 

My dear son spent the afternoon installing a new fireplace screen. My home was built with old brick from a long-closed steel mill here. The brick is a bit wavy and the mortar joints are different sizes outside and on the fireplace. That meant a lot of custom fitting and drilling and a few bad words. He did apologize each time, not the REALLY bad words, just the little mumbles😁 I sometimes forget he is 50 years old and I don't want to monopolize his time. Because of all these issues I had to have the darn thing custom made and a local installer wanted almost as much to install as did the manufacturer of the screen. I do not ask him to do much because he has his own home and new family to take care of on his time off but this was sort of a big deal. It only cost me a pizza and a nut roll, not bad, huh?  

May be an image of flower

This display by Danielle Schmidtz seen on Facebook or Instagram...not sure which!

Merry Christmas week, Happy Hannhakuh week.

Just wanted to pop in here to say that if you have recently seen some comments that were in German, Arabic, or Spanish, they have been deleted. I translated them and while not vulgar or inappropriate in any way, they were essentially advertisements for furniture (?) and for a date matching service! (I know, right? A date? I don't think so!)

  

Comments