Between-the-Years-Week (Wednesday)-Do Something Just For You!

 20191204_071637.jpg

 Time is flying, so are the snow flurries! That's OK, it is pretty, very seasonal. That is my intention for this time of year. As the New Year approaches I hope to look at the time ahead with a positive intention. Of course, in the studio that means inventory time. I really need to know what is left after the holiday stitch-up! Yesterday I was looking at one of many books I plan to review and couldn't remember if I had the cutting die for the pattern. Not good, not good at all. I had a list of my Accuquilt dies on the cart where I store them and it has gone with the wind. So, I will try to get to that this afternoon. I plan to stay home today and get a jump start on some of the projects that get me ready to greet the new year.  I had the intention to put this list on my phone also in the same folder where I keep my pattern list. Ok. I have the plan for the day!

 

 

20191227_190335 (1).jpg And listen to me dear, darling, wonderful, generous friends, no more cookies! Please understand that I love them, w-a-y too much. You know what I mean. I am going to get scolded by my Dr. next Tuesday. I will pack these up, freeze them, and enjoy some next month. Well, next month is only a week away but you know what I mean!

  • list and catalog the Accuquilt dies
  • pack up the cookies
  • one at a time, I am going to sort out my storage drawers in the laundry room. these are the ones that are actually department store base cabinets, one is 4 drawer, the other 2. Yikes, there is everything from silicone oven mitts that I don't use to and a super itchy wool yarn. I will never, ever use it, off it goes. I do one drawer, cupboard, or cabinet per day. I have been doing it for decades and these hold sewing and craft items. One today, one tomorrow, etc.   
  • make a focus list, this year I will focus on quilt fabrics in pre-cuts (I have them in a couple different drawers, I want them all in one place, photographed-that way when I am planning or shopping I know what will work with the pattern. I often get to the quilt store and buy more fabric for a specific pattern I want to try and actually have a very similar print at home!)   
 So dear friends, I hope you have a day filled with peace and plans. Give yourself a little gift, no matter how busy you are with family, with lingering health issues, with the daily stresses that we all deal with. Enjoy a cup of tea, or whatever your favorite beverage may be, set aside 15 minutes or the entire afternoon and do what brings you peace, joy, and kindness.


Comments