The Creatives and How They Share


 

If you have some left over Fall/Halloween fabric, you can make this one. I have some reds  in left-over Valentines and Christmas fabric. I can see a plan here, this one is shared by Amy Smart. Great idea.

Speaking of great ideas, check out this quick little video on a great, easy way to hang a quilted wall piece. No big long "sleeve." This is very clever.  Your Wallhanging, (140) Smart technique for your wall hanging - YouTube

"The only natural talent an artist has is the desire to create. Everything else outside of that is a skill they have learned. Some pick up skills quicker than others. Everybody can have those skills if they have the desire to create." (livedreamgarden, Instagram)

What I find most rewarding is getting to know other creatives. Be it in person, in seminars, online. I have found so many talented people online and their willingness to share their talents, their special techniques, their creativity, is the bonus for the quilter, garment maker, or crafter.  

  • Several of my close friends are in the midst of health crisis. There is nothing I can do. Except pray. 
  • I still cannot believe Summer is over here. It has been quite warm, 15 to 20 degrees warmer than usual. 
  • We are having a crisis with deer ticks here. After every walk we check Lola and lo and behold 1 or 2 are marching up her back or on her head! Capture is not always easy, they are tiny and move rather fast. Crushing their little hard shells is the only way to be sure they are dead. I am glad she is white and is on the medication that deters them. I have begun to check myself regularly. A hard freeze is supposed to kill them. And yet, it is 70 degrees yet. Patience is required.   

 

Comments