Thanksgiving Plans, Making Project Lists

 May be an image of flower and indoor

 As I make my plans for the week, a window view provides a wonderful view. However, my current view is not this, Summer is gone, snowflakes are falling in Sewtopia. I have much planned for the next week in the studio. Cutting the fabric for a project is the most irritating part of the process. I have two items that must be done this week. If I make a list and a plan it will get done. Right now I feel a bit of a cold coming on, I think. Allergies? Maybe, I will assess tomorrow because the weeks activities depend on  it.  Time for a wood fire, a nice of hot cup cocoa (Chocolat chaud.) I have saved a very special chocolate bomb a dear friend sent from her visit in Mexico. Can't wait. 

So, plans for the week include finishing up the Thanksgiving plans. A visit to son and wife for dinner is the highlight of my week. Those two are amazing cooks and entertainers. He has been tinkering in the kitchen since age 4. I never had to worry about him being hungry!


This is a photo of my Amaryllis from last Christmas. Well, I let them go to wilt on the window in my laundry room. About 2 weeks ago, I watered those dried up bulbs. Guess what? They are growing green, the stem is up about 4 inches. Now, that's a full blown wow for me, I have killed so many by doing all the steps to get them to re-bloom. This time, neglect. Now the big question is, will they bloom? Updates as they occur.  

Of course, I still make the Thanksgiving pies. Husband's grandmother was always our pie maker. I always have moments of melancholy for those times. Of course there will be Pumpkin, I am adding a chocolate bourbon pecan pie, and maybe some brownies and/or chocolate chip cookies for the kids. Well, the kids are late teens and 20's now, but still kids. With the closing of the Peterboro basket company (tears falling here) my new pie basket will be employed. It was the last one they had, I waited too long. I needed 2 for 4 pies. 

A beauty from last Summer. We just finished putting that bed to rest for the Winter. 


And who doesn't love a puppy picture? Right? That's my Lola on the left, on the bottom of the pile. She is still adorable when she sleeps.

5 things I am happy about this week: 

  1. The election ads are over!
  2. In spite of the fact that I like the green of the warm weather world, having the bushes and trees leafless allows me to better view my feathered friends.
  3. I am done cleaning and sorting all of our clothing closets.
  4. For the first time in about 7 months, I had a piece of fried chicken, it was amazing. (Cracker Barrel Sunday Chicken)
  5. Two dear friends are coming along nicely after major surgery. A blessing, for sure!  


 

 

 

 

 


Comments