A This and That Post, The Week Ahead

 

  • Soon, we will be spared the constant political ads. I have not watched TV for some time, except for streaming channels where there are no ads.
  • Don't forget your local food banks are begging for supplies. The needs have not changed much. Gather what you can, source out organizations that distribute foods and staples.
  • Hand washing is just as important now as it has been over the height of the pandemic. There are two new strains floating around, the flu is likely to surge, and RSV is making its rounds with the little ones. Take care, but live well. 
  • I just received the new Ina Garten Cookbook, reviews to follow. 
  • On my way to a big regional stamp show, I am taking books. I sit in some corner with my water bottle and a book while the husband is in his little heaven. Much like a quilt show, without the quilts.
  • I think many of us are seeking ways to reduce our carbon impact on our planet and at the same time finding creative ways to use up fabric left overs. Have you ever seen anything like this? There was no explanation about HOW to make this work but I suspect each towel is serged finished and then overlapped onto the roll so that it is easily separated for use. I'm thinking do the same thing, fold it and put it in a basket. Right?

May be an image of flowerAs those of us in the Northern climes are putting our gardens to bed for the Winter, the task list is a bit long. We want to protect our valuable plants, prune those that need it, and plant those bulbs before the ground freezes. To that end, P. Allen Smith has a nice little comprehensive list that applies in our area as well as his in Arkansas, HERE. Moss Mountain Farm is his showcase model farm. Outstanding.

 And last but not least, by any stretch, is this amazing video by Cathy Hay at the Royal School of Needlework, in Hampton Court Palace, Not To Miss! On it's way to me (Merry Christmas to me) is this amazing tome, Royal School of Needlework Book of Embroidery. A guide to essential stitches, techniques and Projects. *for some reason the photo will not show.   I am anxiously awaiting it's delivery, and afternoon with my tea, and dreams of beautiful RSN pieces. If you are interested in a full library of embroidery stitches, the Royal School has an online resource that is amazing, HERE. 25 new stitches have been added to the digital library bringing the total to 275. So many stitches, so little time.  

 Page 1

Comments

marly said…
Thank you so much for that RSN link!
celkalee said…
You are so welcome. My book came yesterday and I am having a hard time doing anything else but studying it! It must weigh 10 lbs.