30 Days Has September......


Working on quilting a collage piece, these are fun projects! I use a wooden skewer to make sure those raw edges (that tend to lift after working them for a while) are down flat when the needle makes contact. 

 Such a special month this one. September has the blessings of mild weather, seasonal changes, and the promise of a new year. Much like when I was in school this was the beginning of a new year. A new start. A new tablet and a sharp number 2 pencil!

 This photo popped up in my archives but I am not sure from where! It may have been from a quilt show, a blog, or sent to me by a friend as an idea. Whoever, from wherever, thank you for a great idea on how to use up those large floral prints.

This is the month where I shift from Summer carefree to preparing for the long Winter ahead. Home and garden tasks, working on a few Christmas gifts, some pending decorating projects, and the project for the season, sorting through hundreds of recipes, organizing them, tossing those I will likely never make. I have boxes and binders stuffed with great ideas but if they haven't been made by now, they will likely never be. I need a system, better than the one I have now!  

September is:

  • New beginnings for children, parents, grandparents. May this school year be one of learning, social experience, and return to normalcy....whatever normal is for you.
  • An opportunity to sort through your closets and drawers to donate any jackets or coats, warm clothing for the months to come for those who cannot obtain these on their own.
  • A great time to visit your local library where you can scan the racks for new-to-you reads or sign up for some continuing education classes. Reading, learning, writing is essential for intellectual and emotional growth. Just because you no longer "go to school" that doesn't mean you can't expand your learning skills.
  • If you are able, check out your local food pantry or meals on wheels group to offer assistance.
  • As Lola and I are enjoying this morning on the back porch with a nice steaming cup of coffee, I hear the school buses rumbling up the street, a screech of brakes close by, we have wee ones across the street. So the new school year begins.
     

Comments