
As the storm approached, a man on the elevated hill across from us took this photo. On the right side where that cloud dips down, there I am. Son was watching as many items in his driveway flew straight up into the air, about 8 feet, cleared his girlfriend's car, fortunately, and disappeared into the night.
A hard rain late yesterday afternoon and into the evening left us with some nasty clean up. Three tress down in the driveway, tops off two more. What a mess. All around us lots of damage, no power, downed lines and blocked roads. Sirens ran all evening. Son was able to move two of the trees blocking the driveway with his large equipment, but it got too dark to run the heavy equipment and he will finish up today. On my Lola walk this morning I managed to pick up some of the small pieces in the upper driveway. (Thanks to modern medicine, that effect will soon be gone sadly.) Later this afternoon, I will use a grabber to work some more, in spells with rest. Our yard helpers have all moved or no longer want to do this kind of work, no matter what the reward. Husband over-did, he seemed to have an episode of heat exhaustion, I hydrated him, he still is not feeling well. What a night!
So, I decided to gather some photos of little projects that may be of interest. I often give little's like this as gifts to my sewing friends. Here is a cute idea for empty spools, a wee bit of wool, and some scissors. Too cute! I saw this one in a photo file on Great Britain Life.

Scissor keepers, who doesn't need a new one? Check out the video HERE! You can make this to fit your scissors, no matter what their size. It is made-to-measure. A bit of fabric, some fusible batting scraps, a ribbon, you are good to go! Her simple to follow process means no binding. In this video, note her little pressing pad, too cute, and the mat under her machine. I often keep a small machine in the kitchen for quick little stitches, that pad would work out well for sliding it along. Mmmmm, ideas!
Crochet hooks, knitting needles scattered here and there? HERE is a cute little project to help with that!
A vintage feel for this little keeper. I am not sure what the inner pieces are, but I am thinking a small jar of some sort? Some fabric, some embroidery, a little gimp, and you have a sit-about or a nice little keeper to sit by your chair, on a sunny afternoon, a do a little hand work. Have a lovely day.
Comments
I used my new Grabber Buddy, a little different design that is easier on my hand. Why didn't I buy this for pick-up years ago??? Hope you and hubby are recovering from the work.