Today I am considering and sharing things I didn't know I needed. Laugh not, "stuff" makes our lives easier. You know some of these, some you may already have, I tend to be slow catching on to ideas that can smooth out the wrinkles of the day. So, here we go.
Tired of searching one drawer for one item, a cupboard for another, while the little cups in their pop-up dispenser were always falling over I came up with this. Not the fanciest and most sparkly bathroom item, this little tray with three planters stepped up to the task. Yes, they are Polish Pottery, but the crocks are much too small to plant real greenery and faux is not on my radar. These hold small amounts of little things, handy, and do not take up a lot of precious counter space.
Light, or should I say the lack of light is always an issue in the home. When we remodeled the kitchen I chose to keep these spaces on either side of the fridge as landing zones more than anything. However, this one came in handy for a coffee station. I have a spiller here and the prior set up was no longer working. This pot moved in, with a cup holder, and it worked out well, but, it was so dark. I really couldn't tell if there was a spill or if the cup was full! I needed a light. I was not going to call my electrician for this so off to Home Depot I went. I picked up a package of two stick up LED lights. The light is good, I adhered it to the tile rather than the cabinet fearing paint would come off when the batteries needed replaced. However, the sticky dot that come with the light lasted about 3 minutes and then it crashed.- Enter my great find! Available on Amazon, this stuff is amazing. I adhered both lights with this, they have not fallen in 3 weeks. I think we are good to go. It is sticky, I have not tested it on a painted surface yet, but I will soon and let you know. I did put a piece on the back of a hook that I keep on the back porch where I hang a small umbrella. So far so good!
- So here is my little crock where the sour dough starter lives. So far, it has remained on the counter top and not refrigerated because I am using it daily and I am not ready to cold store it and let it become latent. My issue, however, is that it needs to be warm. With the AC on, I was concerned that it might not be happy, bubbling, and growing.
Solution was really simple, I found a tall tea cozy that I made years ago. I made it specifically for a tall pot. There we go, a crock wearing a coat!
She now lives in the other cubby with the Berkey and the fuzay-water-maker thing.
I finally have a photo of that charm square table runner. Well, not my favorite, it will likely end up on the outside porch table. Why? It is too random, too out-of-wack. In a different color combination with some repetitive design element, yes. This, no. So if you are keeping track that is two table runners in the last month that I made, quilted, etc. that I don't care for. I'll use them for a while then they can go to that great donation bin for someone else to use if they wish.
As I scan my favorite blogs, I am always finding something that I want to make. Today is no different. Still with charm squares on my mind, this sweet little tote, using a random block placement, is so cute! I think the placement of the black squares, the black handle and lining make it work.
HERE
by Melissa Corry








Comments