Saturday Pondering, Hobbies, Cross-Stitch


 Saturday is one of those days often set aside for family outings or events in the home, particularly during the warm weather months. In my neighborhood, I am starting to see balloons on mailboxes, banners on porch railings, and little tents popping up on patio's and in side lawns preparing for celebrations. We are returning to "normal." It brings joy to my heart. The sentinel events of life, marked by the celebrations are so important. 

The last two years of isolation, lock-down, and empty classrooms and businesses has taken a terrible toll on mental health, not just in this country but in the entire world. Those of us who have hobbies, have been able to smooth out some of the stress associated with this isolation but those who struggled with all this empty time, are having a bit of a time reentering the "normal" world. 

My first outing was to the Phipps Conservatory. Flowers, greenery, the scent, the color, the light, helped to raise my spirits. Even with the restrictions enforced at first, it was a glorious excursion. Since that first visit, I have returned two more times....just to feel the joy of nature. 

That brings me back to hobbies. I have been practicing my cross-stitch motifs. Nothing to speak of yet. When I saw these I thought they were so cute. Wouldn't these be cute little gifts for our stitching friends for Christmas or a birthday?

Victorian Hearts (from Inspirations magazine)

Kim Beamish has taken that love of floral and feminine detail and used it to create a gorgeous set of stitching accessories that exemplify the Victorian style. Titled ‘Victorian Hearts’, this project from Inspirations issue #114 is a delightful trio filled with lacy detail and soft colouring. The matching heart-shaped pincushion, needle book and scissor fob are decorated using various counted thread stitches and finished with tiny pearls in true Victorian style. Instructions are available via Inspirations magazine, HERE. 

Have a lovely weekend, enjoy the things that are special to you. Smile at strangers. Hug a pet.  

Comments

marly said…
I dare not hug my remaining pet! LOL! But she is enjoying being brushed for the first time in a dozen years. And we keep the bandaids handy.
celkalee said…
Shall I send Miss Lola Bean to visit, she requires hugs 24/7!