Tea Time Ideas, Lamps, Pincushion, Keepers!

 


 Tea Time Tuesday, something a little different. If you have a broken or chipped tea cup or tea pot or maybe even some mismatched pieces that are sitting idle in a box, here are a few ideas gleaned from an article in a Home Decor post. (Hometalk Daily)

s don t ditch your broken teacups til you see what people do with them, repurposing upcycling, Stack cups and saucers into a whimsical lamp I am a lamp person. I have them on every table and tucked in any cozy corner. Living in the woods, we have lots of shade and that darkness, even on bright sunny days, needs a little boost, therefore we use "little lights" all over the house, and the studio!

This lamp, a tall one, is very cottage cute! These cups and saucers look to be intact, perhaps from a collection or a thrift store. All you need is one of the kits, sold in hardware and big box stores to wire up this cute little lamp. I might think of a smaller version. My collection is intact, so I would not drill them, Dieu nous en garde!!!

 s don t ditch your broken teacups til you see what people do with them, repurposing upcycling, Set a cushion in a cup as cute sewing coutureA few years ago this was the project of the year for me. Making Victorian-Style pincushions from a teacup. I had a few chipped ones, purchased from a lot of antique dinnerware that were perfect for the project. I helped my aunt to make some as well for friends in her circle. Such fun!

The first one, on the far right, from an older post.

s don t ditch your broken teacups til you see what people do with them, repurposing upcycling, Hold on to broken teapots for a sewing caddySince I use my pots in rotation I have only found one with a crack. This photo is an example of a good idea to me. Using the pot as a collector for small scissors, pins, thimble and the inner lid as a pincushion would be just right for my needlework nook in my bedroom. Since I must cover everything from nosy Lola, this would work out just fine to sit on the table beside my chair. Mmmm, need to find a pot. 

  • My daily tea time is always a few minutes of rest and recharge. Having little items that are tea themed make it even more special. I do have a bit of a collection of tins saved from loose tea. I do need to find a way to use them day to day.
  • Cool and rainy here today. The bones are aching. This whole business is exhausting. Thankfully, I am a reader, stitcher, planner. I can't do anything outside with the rain. I have two elevated cedar planters on the way. That way I can still have my little herb garden and maybe a tomato and/or a pepper plant or two. Not having my garden beds last year was very sad to me. I swore that I would find something to replace them. These planters are it!Vegtrug Cedar Wood Deluxe Raised Garden Planterwith Shelf - M78550Elevated, lower shelf. That black thing is a re-useable liner that you empty, wash, and save for the next growing season. Mine are painted (safe paint) gray to coordinate with my patio benches. I am so excited, husband not so much. Assembly is required. Several years ago I used to pass a home where they built 10 raised cedar planters. They were amazing. I have carried that idea to use when I was ready. Now....they are deer nibble height so there will need to be some careful planning to add a deterrent. 😕
  • Back to the dentist this morning, yes, I will be receiving a crown for the Queens Jubilee!
  • I need to get some schooling from blogger Marly on how to raise and keep beautiful petunias. Hers are stunning, all season long. I'm think pink petunias, yes, pink. They will go well with the gray cedar. 

Comments

marly said…
This is new! You changed your comment page!
Those tunias are Vista and the bright pink Bubblegum variety has larger flowers and longer trailing than the Fuchsia and Paradise colors. SilverBerry is massive also. Cutting back or trimming isn't necessary but I still do for a really dense showing.

I just commented to my sister that I have no idea what to do with the remains of Baba's china. I've seen dishes embedded half way into the soil creating scallops in flower beds, various patterns and sizes. You've given me a few more ideas, thank you.
celkalee said…
Thanks for the Petunia information. I will be shopping in the next week or so. I need to thumb back through your blog to re-read the pinch and prune information. Take care.