Catching Up, Old Projects and New

 Well, after two days of cooking etc., Easter Sunday is in the rear view mirror. Wow, I'm tired. Today I have to clean the Polish china closet. Always a fun time for me, it feels a little drudgy today.




A quick little snap of the table runner that tops the coffee bar. With scraps of darker strips I used white as a center of each block. I don't care for it, too much contrast. It was an experiment. PS: it already has coffee stains on it. I have more scraps and will likely do up another one with a more neutral center stripe. I used my famous deli-papers as a paper base. Still my favorite method for this process.

Yesterday, while walking into church, I was greeted by a stunning display of beautiful purple and yellow pansies, laid out into the form of a cross in one of our side gardens. Still in their little baskets, donated by a generous person, as a gift to anyone who wished to have one. What a wonderful idea. Of course, the smiling little pansies were donning snowflakes and a brisk wind as well. Have I mentioned how done I am with Winter? Seriously, done. SeasideAn oil painting, by Tissot, titled Seaside. This is where I plan to be today, well, at least in my head. (FYI-available at Victorian Trading if you are interested.) May I add that the dress might be a little over-the-top, the bows may have to go!

The stitching agenda for the week:

  • Start & finish the binding on the charm square runner. I usually do that kind of hand stitching after the kitchen is sorted after dinner and husband watches TV,whatever that might be. I have been so tired after cooking, cleaning, etc. that it just sat in its workbasket, staring a me. Not one stitch completed. 
  • I am still puttering around with the crochet project, it is coming along. 
  • Using this fabric, I need to layer the blocks, mark the stitching lines, and begin the pinwheel project.

    What a beautiful fabric this is! The blue and yellow are so happy, so Summer, just right for now. 
  • Today 30 degrees F, the weekend is projected to reach 80! Seriously, I am so confused. Toodles.

Comments