Catching Up, Easter Week

 

Phipps Conservatory Spring Flower Show

Hello! As we journey through Holy Week today and Passover on Friday, I suppose I am not the only one cleaning and prepping. In prior years a large family gathering was my typical and I would cook for days, I mean days! With each year our number lessens as those we love pass into their next life. Great memories. Only feeding 4 people is a different experience.  

I moved Miss Penny down to the studio. Some rearranging was required, and I am not sure if the space will stay this way, but for now, it works. She has worked flawlessly; the stitch quality is perfect. With the additional lighting, the needle down feature, and the automatic cutter, I am very pleased.  Her next big project is a set of simple white panels for the family room windows. In the past the window coverings there were darker, recently that window has been naked. Husband has been watching HGTV and has embraced the naked window trend, me not so much. Months have past, I am done. 

It was a mending weekend here. Lola's groomer had a horizontal tear in her blouse, I managed to add a patch and stitch it to look like a welt pocket. The fabric is one of those paper-thin poly's with questionable origin! (Not a poly lover you know) I will be interested to see how it holds up with washing. I also had to replace husbands dress pants, he has lost so much weight that simple alterations no longer were sufficient.  Of course sizing is an impossible task these days so every pair need length adjustment. One pair done, two times because the cotton pants shrunk in the wash! 4 more to go.  


 I have been scanning my cook books to add something different to the Easter menu. I have mentioned this book in the past, it recalls a relaxed way of life, a simple way to dine, and the embrace of family and friends at table. I have Deb Perlman's two cookbooks on the way. I have them in digital format and I believe I have learned an important lesson. I don't like digital cookbooks. Just find them tedious, I need to be able to turn a page, make a note, embrace the culinary art of writing a cook book. I just do not get that with the digital copies. Lesson learned. 

I have been playing around with chicken embroideries. Chickens are characters. I saw this one recently, didn't make it but thought it was really cute.

 Aunt Martha's Dirty Laundry - Rise and Shine RoosterThe little charm table runner is being bound. I changed my mind about how to finish this one a few times, it is sort of an experiment and I ended up doing a traditional bind. Too many other things in progress and I needed a finish. 


  • OK, so the intrusions to the blog have stopped. I have learned that it happened to others as well. If and when it starts again, we will just take a little break.
  • As I am ready to post this, a mass shooting has occurred in Brooklyn, the craziness of this world, the total disregard for human life, the ongoing war, all shatter the peace we seek.    
  • In spite of all this, may the time you spend with needle and thread provide some semblance of normalcy. Till next time, toodles.

Comments