What's Up Buttercup....quilts, crochet, plans.

 

Our Spring was short lived, two mild days. But it was lovely. Sunshine, warm breezes, signs of times ahead. The evening light lingers until about 5:45 PM  these days and that is like a little gift. I've been getting photo's from friends visiting Key West, they look so happy. I am glad for them. We all need some sunshine! Yes?

My projects have been simple lately, I have been finishing some little quilts made by the Linus Group ladies of the Three Rivers Quilt Guild. What an industrious group. For decades they have beavered away making quilts for many different organizations and facilities. I am in awe of their skill and dedication to this project. I  finished tacking this pile, and just completed another 7. A nice afternoon being productive while Destiny is in for a cleaning and some minor repair. 

I have been working on an older machine. I found that I was waiting for the machine to cut the threads and lift it's own little foot. This Viking #1+ is about 20 years old, she doesn't do that. So easily I have become spoiled. 

  • Lovely lunch with former class mates the other day. Our lives have certainly changed.
  • Have you noticed that post-pandemic menu's are rather sparse in offerings? Quality is also changed, not for the good in my recent experience.
  • My little tea cozy is in progress. Just two purple-ish recktangles right now. I'm not sure about it though, photo's soon when I get a bit farther along.
  • I did the base row for the skillet stitch afghan as well. I made it a bit larger too. 
  • I received a neat little bag to store the hooks and yarn in, will post that soon too. It has some cute little features.   Luxja Crochet Tote Bag, Yarn Storage Bag for Small Unfinished Projects, Crochet Hooks and Other Accessories, GrayI'm attempting to organize and consolidate storage items. This will keep all my crochet hooks and implements in one soft and tote-able case. Miss Lola loves to snitch my yarn balls. I also ordered some new Tunisian hooks with long holders. They are back ordered.
  • With Lent upcoming I am planning my cleaning schedule. I have used this period of time to do major cleaning and sorting in preparation for Easter. I make lists. Checklists. It is such a cleansing opportunity for the home and for my soul. 
  • Toodles.


Comments

marly said…
I bought a planner to list those tasks I never get to. It's coming to March, and nothing is in it!! I really need to change.