What Time Is It? It's Time For Yarn

Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

 
I did pick up new yarn for that sweet little Crochet Griddle Stitch blanket. The colors in the original are so nice, the blues are just right for a Summer house I no longer own! Not so good for this one! So, in keeping with the color theme here I chose these browns. I think it will translate nicely. Notice the faux-fur skein on top? I could not resist, that will come first to limber my fingers up a bit. I have not done much crochet recently. The faux fur will be a simple little neck scarf, no big deal. Of course, Lola thinks it is some kind of critter and wants to chew it up, I had to hide it in a drawer, out of the basket. 
These skeins are a little smaller than those in the original pattern, I will have some left over. Surprise, surprise! The yarn I have in the stash just did not suit this project. 
The basket is a well used item from Pennsylvania Baskets I bought at the Shaker Woods Festival in Colombiana, Ohio about 7 or 8 years ago. Their baskets are so well made. I have several styles everything from laundry to magazine baskets.   
Laugh not my little friends, during a search for the just right yarn I snapped a picture of one corner of my work table in the studio. Laugh not, Halloween is still hanging! I am a bit far behind, right? That wooden thing with the spike sticking up was originally bought to be used with a ball of yarn. That's a really long story, but instead I have been using it to spool quilt binding while I press, it keeps it from falling all over the floor!  

May be an image of text that says 'So I was going through my stash the other day....'

Comments