The Stitchers Heart, ST. Valentine's Day 2022

Good morning and Happy St. Valentine's Day. Of course, that led me to thinking about all the hearts I have encountered in my stitching life. Hearts! Wool, embroidery, cross-stitch, quilting, you name it the heart is a theme for those of us with a needle addiction. I gathered a few photos from the files that are heart themed.  This little basket has been around quite a while, I use it to keep my doo-dads. Now, of course, it needs to be up high because you-know-who is always sniffing around. I love this basket.

 I have made a few of these heart shaped pin keeps. It has a little slot for your scissors too. Actually, there is another one in the works but I want to add some embroidery. 

  •  This little pillow is done, a long time ago but I can't seem to find the photo's. One of my favorites makes and Lola's too. She loves to grab it from the rocking chair and run around with it. A little basket of hearts made when I first started back with cross-stitch after a 10 year hiatus. I need to work on my finishes. A little magnetic holder from a dear friend. This e-friendship is from an early message board on a retail needlework website. When that disbanded we all sort of scattered but the core members kept in touch. We have recently begun to consider a new "Circle of Friends" as a private Facebook page. Maybe......  
  • The heart, the symbol of love, is a universal sign. To the stitching community it is a strong theme. To all my stitching friends, Happy St. Valentine's Day!
  • In my quest for 2022 the Simplify credo is coming along, very slowly. After drying the herbs and packing them in their little containers, I planted more. Of course. I saved the basil flowers that had formed and will dry them. Another project.
  • Working on my watercolors and sketching has been set aside, now I have sorted out the scattered elements in one place. I hope that will give me a boost.
  • Quilts in progress.......
  • Machine embroidery in progress.....
  • New aprons in progress.......
  • A Spring tops and jacket in progress.....
  • That beautiful white linen.....?????
  • Have a lovely day!

Comments