Some Finishes this Friday, Group Quilts and Sauerkraut!


 

It seems like years ago that the Ladies of the Cloth started on a 9 patch project for our service contributions to the Three Rivers Quilt Guild. Fortunately, there were plenty of patches and Rose has been a very busy bee designing the odd lots into finished products. There is no one better to do this we have learned over the years. So here, above, is a nice on point setting with dark and light backgrounds. What nice quilt this turned out to be when you consider there was no cohesive pattern involved! Each member of the group donated some patches. We didn't have a theme color but it works just fine! 



The center of this quilt is mine and Rose used another collection of random blocks to frame it. Her borders make this quilt look very balanced and eclectic despite the many seemingly unrelated colors.  There are many who totally embrace this style. I am one of them. It seems that scrap busters quilts are becoming more and more common. I wonder if it is because we all have so many scraps!

 Finished another chemo cap. Still into rosettes.Our snowbird, Our snowbird, Linda Sue, has been diligently making chemo caps. Her signature colors go so well with the charming little Rosette on this one. Linda Sue posts on Tumbler and many of us don't have accounts there so I thought I would share it here. Thanks ladies. Great work. 

  • A cooking day for me. I wanted to get everything done today because the men will be working on a big project outside this weekend and I want to sew. I am ready!
  • I bagged and got the large sauerkraut crock cleaned out. Wow, I made a lot. After the fermentation is complete, I use heavy sealable bags and measure out different amounts per bag. Then I put the smaller bags in the new silicone resealable bags for additional frost bite insurance. This way, I can pull out only what I need. 
  • I won't need to make any more for quite a while!
  • I went on a field trip yesterday to an antique/flea markets. This one was new to me and I was hopeful for some "special finds." No luck. One quilt in the entire place and it was a big place. The quilt was made from a silk-like polyester, hand stitch applique flowers. Colors were quite faded. Not my taste. A sad little thing it was. Someone tried but it was not a collectable quilt. 
  • Not one decent tea pot in the entire place. Really. How can that be? Not one. Some really nasty ones....I often wonder, do people actually buy these for tea or is there another purpose? Like maybe a planter or some other decorative use? I admit I am really fussy about my tea pot condition. 
  • Have a wonderful weekend. 

Comments