Sharing Creativity, Mini-Quilt, Watching and Reading

 May be an image of text that says 'I SUFFER FROM M.P.D M. n MULTIPLE PROJECT DISORDER'

I have mentioned in a prior post about everything in progress in Sewtopia. Right now I have the space heater running full blast to warm the space. I cannot handle the cold. I really can't. I have so much to do today and the chill is too much. 

So, of course, I found another little project to put in the queue, a nice little quick project to decorate a space. A small or larger wall quilt always brightens a quilt space, but placing them in a prominent spot in a bedroom or other room always reminds me of the calming work that quilting provides. I tend to crochet during television time, I like to cross-stitch on Sunday afternoons while dinner cooks, but quilting, well, quilting is forever!

I have linked to Connie Kresin in the past because her designs are fresh, often geometric and she is a generous designer who shares patterns and tutorials free. I have mentioned her work space in the past, it is the space of my dreams with a moveable design wall. Love it. Anyway, she just released a sweet little design that would be perfect for Spring. Color choice is optional, of course, but this one is the perfect example of how a new quilter can work on and perfect piecing skills as well as a seasoned stitcher to take a happy break from large projects. Has my name written all over it. 

Mini Forget me not wall hanging

 A pieced background, bias stems, applique flowers! Here is a little tid-bit, this is a raw edge applique but the bonus moment is that Connie backs the flowers with pieces of batting to add dimension and an trapunto effect. Brilliant!  The link to her blog, HERE. Loads of inspiration there. The Forget Me Not Tutorial, HERE. 

  • Netflix: speaking of TV time, we just finished watching Inventing Anna. This is a limited series, 9 episodes I think. It is based on a true story of a young woman who caused a major kerfluffle in the New York financial and social scene while seeking her dream.  It's a good one, entertaining. 
  • Another Netflix show that may interest you in the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. I did post about this a couple years ago when I read the book. The movie is close to the book and inspiring. Worth the watch. 
  • In the book review for Jan-Feb. there are two. First, Practice House, by Laura McNeil. A novel about life in the depression years and a Scottish immigrant teacher. I didn't get the connection to the title until the end and I am not sure it was a reasonable connection but the content of the book is worth the read. I believe this was a Kindle offering. 
  • Second is another Kindle offering, Death in the Sunshine, by Steph Broadribb. This one I have almost completed about three retired British police officers who settle in a community for 55+ persons in Florida. Touted as the perfect retirement village they quickly discover that not everything is so good behind the palms and pretty houses. Engaging, light reading. 
Well, that's all for now. I need to get to work. Maybe one more cup of coffee. I spent the entire day yesterday cooking, preserving, and prepping food. In kindness son's girlfriend sent dinner over. We have enough food, for days, maybe weeks. The kitchen is clean.  So now I sew!!!!! 


Comments