Three for You: An Intricate Pincushion, a Really Big Project, the Dear Jane Quilt, and a Sweet Little Bookmark.

 https://www.needlenthread.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/stitch-snippet-pincushion-01.jpgJust look at this beauty! My word, beautiful linen, embroidery threads, and beads combine for Mary Corbet in this stunning pincushion. I would not likely be sticking pins in this beauty. Recently, she announced a new project for 2022, kits will be available, a link to the post on her website, HERE. In that post she also discussed a prior Sampler of the Year project just completed. It is a row sampler, cute, and that is something I might consider. I am in no way accomplished in hand embroidery or cross-stitch. Inspired, yes, got the "stuff" of course, but not so good at it. I keep trying and that is important to me, but like knitting, best left to the pro's like my friend, Terri. Give me a plastic loom and I am a dynamo! Hats anyone?😀

Dear Jane

Next on the quilting front, a new updated 25 year anniversary volume of the famous DEAR JANE QUILT is available at Quiltfolk. HERE.  Kathy Tracy recently posted her progress on the original project. 10 years dear friends, 10 years and she is not quite done. She, the queen of little blocks, has worked on it diligently and her progress is astounding, but, Jane A. Stickle (1863) was quite a quilter. 225 blocks for you to admire. Mine book is in the mail. I will review when it reaches my little hands. Will I make this? Probably not, maybe a block or two but I really fuss with little, itty-bitty blocks! HERE. is a link to Kathy's post and photo's of her quilt, stunning!

 Jennifer of Jenny of Elefantz blog, started 2022 off with a free bookmark pattern for those who like to make little projects, like hand embroidery, and give stitchery for gifts. The blog post for this project is HERE. Her blog is full of snippets of everyday life in the tropics of Australia. Her style is homey and her spirit very generous. 

  • Making short term and long term goals for our projects can stimulate your creative urges. You don't have to take on everything, maybe just one little thing. 
  • With the pandemic, which really has become endemic, I am still mostly ordering supplies and notions, as well as books online. Not the same, I like seeing fabrics all lined up in collections and touching the quality. Oh well. 
  • To soften the blow of the cold and snow, I am shopping for some alternatives to my garden plan. I am scanning for stand alone raised garden boxes. I am thinking birthday, Mother's day, you get the idea! Like this maybe, one or two of them, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, herbs. Hurry up Spring.
  • While I'm doing this, husband is searching real estate in South Carolina near family. Wonder who will win this one?

Comments