January 3, 2022-The Sewing Studio

 The January Forecast, over cast with the possibility of SewingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Get it?

My view as I sew right now is this Parisian and floral themed wall hanging. Not a big deal in the larger scheme, but inspiration. I was last in Paris in the month of April, several years ago.  So as a little springboard for this project I think of warm Spring and Summer breezes, trees in full blossom, and comfort. Comfortable warm weather clothes. I have discarded or donated much of my warm weather wear at the end of season with this project in mind. Much of what I have saved I will likely (hopefully) not be able to wear with changes in weight, and of course that darn gravity thing!

Laugh not, I have already been picking out some new shoes. A sneak peek!

 You may see a theme here. Bright colors, a bit of whimsy, the whole "comfort" factor will need to be determined but they were so cute! They are a wee big big on me I think, they didn't come in narrow so I have been checking out some methods to adjust the fit a bit. I have been known to buy shoes that were not a perfect fit, really, particularly if they are red. I have a problem, it is true. I will likely have it for my entire life. 


Fabrics have been sorted, stored, and labeled for the upcoming plans.

 

The little carts under the main sewing desk have been cleaned. No matter how much I try, these get pretty tumbled during the year. Where is that zipper? Oh, here are those needles! You know what I mean. (I could not survive without my P-touch, just saying)

 

Threads have been sorted, little notions returned to their proper places. 

While I managed to get all my cleaning and sorting done in the studio, I have a few Christmas projects that have been bumped to Christmas in July, 2022. In addition, I did not get any of the covers done for the machines or the skirts for under the Coronet, under the Serger station, and the work table. I didn't have time and just didn't take the time to look for the right fabric. The skirts need to be light colored, lightweight, and easy to slide onto the tension rods I use. The covers will complement the skirts. I will not be painting these walls unless a miracle occurs and my back pain is cured! This project, the Studio Redecoration, will take time, probably the entire year at my snails pace. 😟  

I have a loose outline of how I will present Sewtopia this year, it will not be all garments all the time here, just a bit here and there. 

  • I have a new quilt project to jump start for January, it's an older pattern from Missouri Star. There is a bonus with this pattern, you can make two quilts at one time with the way the pieces are sewn and cut.   
  • I have been playing with an On-Point setting for simple 5 inch charm squares or 10 inch layer cake pre-cuts. I have the top assembled but without the cutting pattern, well, we are in limbo. I just received the pattern today from a friend, so look forward to that one. 
  • I have a pair of flannel lounge pants for my husband to complete, seam finishes are so important when working with flannel, even the best quality flannel. 
  • I have a new pattern from a new indi designer on the way with some beautiful Linen. I hope to get to that too.
  • I am still thinking about the littles.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments