Cleaning Up the Crumbs, 3 Quilters Share Their Style

 

This little cart is full of little bits of fabric, some left over from pre-cuts, others from garment and utility projects. A famous line from a professional quilter, "even ugly fabric looks fine if you cut it small enough" that little quip may apply to some of this stash. Sorting this is what led me to the crumb quest!

 Finding a way to relax and stay warm these days has proven to be quite a challenge. My sewing space is in the basement and it is cold there. I run a little space heater and within 30 minutes, it does warm to a comfortable temp. I have a little collection of small bits of fabric, too big to toss, to small to make a complete block so I went on a little journey looking for ways to use them. I found several and parted out three favorites. I think I will use a combination of styles, much like a string quilt, I may use some foundation paper. First I need to finish the On-Point practice piece, I have some "littles" to finish for gifts, and some cutting of yardage to do. That will be done on the kitchen island, there is no moving my cutting table into the garage these days! 

 

 

 May be an image of indoor

  • Crumb Quilts are so much fun and use up all those little bits! Here the Missouri Star Quilt Company Group share their fun, CLICK FOR THE VIDEO! Wait till you see Missy's Orange Peel quilt, Oh my. 
  • Just Get It Done quilts uses another method to use up those crumbs! HERE!  
  • As a gesture of goodwill, Bonnie Hunter has a large list of free patterns on her website, HERE. Queen of the bits and pieces quilting style, there are some beauties there, crumbs too.

 

Comments