The Needle Artist Takes Care

  

Friday, who does not look forward to the end of the traditional work week. While most of my working life Friday was just another day in a three week time block schedule, it is now a sentinal day of sorts. Our weekends are now time to visit with friends and dinner with family again. 

Unearthing our favorite table cloths and runners for Sunday dinners is an exercise in discovery. Some I have made years ago, washed, pressed, and stored away. 

I am still working on some planning and format issues for the blog starting in the New Year. (can you believe I am talking about 2022 already, I know!)



So, where am I going with this conversation? Well, let me say that #1, I have had a bit of a reaction to my Covid booster shot. Yes, I have. A little fever going on here so if it seems a little discomboobalated, that might be the reason. 

#2, several posts, finished, scheduled, etc. disappeared. Literally gone. I cannot find them anywhere, and they were brilliant, really. Magazine reviews, an interesting guide to needle size and thread use for hand embroidery. 

#3, the kitchen saga continues. I have said it before and I will say it again, the person who talked me into this project is in the dog house. It seems when all the alarms went off a few weeks ago, there was a very tiny leak, somewhere. It seems after second trip of repairman, bright and early at 7 am and I am sick remember, it seems that the "professional installers" cracked a connection to the water intake. Wait, it gets better. There is no replacement part available, in the entire country, nada. The wait will be 3 to 6 months. At the holidays, when I cook and bake day in and day out. Again, like GROUNDHOG DAY, the movie. Same situation last year. Same kitchen project. It's a good thing I was not up for a confrontation this morning, it would not have been pretty. Oh, and the responsible person was forced to wash the days dishes. Oh my! 

Sorry I am rambling. I need to take my own advice and you will see in the post below. Good night.  


Think peaceful...flowers....Spring...waterfalls...puppies...babies....dappled sunlight.

A topic that has been crossing my mind lately has been the need to maintain ourselves to strengthen our spirit. Creativity, no matter how you express it, takes many forms and to fully expand on that, we need to pamper the artist...just a little.  Neglecting these regular moments of self-care will eventually leave us feeling drained, burned out, anxious… or all of the abovie!

How that manifests itself in your life, of course, is your choice. A few ideas for you. 

  • Take time to process negative feelings –don’t rush through them or ignore them altogether. Acknowledging your feelings can slow you down and help you think more rationally.
  •  

    Learn to Say No

    It can be tough, but setting limits on your time can help you deal with feelings of anxiety, stress, and irritability from taking on too much. Your emotional 
  •  

    Treat Yourself Daily

    Instead of designating one day a week for that “cheat meal” or guilty pleasure, do something every day that just makes you happy. As a sweets lover, I’ve learned that having a few bites every day leaves me and my sweet tooth completely satisfied. I take way more pleasure from treating myself to one high-quality piece of chocolate and fully savoring it, instead of mindlessly downing a bag of candy on my designated “treat day.”

     

    Nourish Your Body

    Regular exercise and nourishing meals lead to increased energy, happiness, and health. Maybe you wake up 30 minutes earlier to cook a healthy breakfast or go for a short jog before work. Or, spend some time meal prepping on Sunday to ensure you have healthy food at-the-ready, and to take to the office for lunch throughout the week. These simple lifestyle adjustments can make a dramatic difference in how you look, feel, and process emotions.

     

    Get Quiet

    Sitting down to meditate, journal, or pray for even just a few minutes a day has a whole list of scientifically-proven health benefits. Carving out 10-20 minutes to get quiet and focus your attention inward can help boost resilience and emotional wellbeing when presented with stressful situations throughout the day.

     

     

Comments