Storage for the Sewist

 

Such a beautiful season is Fall! The colors, the scent of change, preparing our lives for holidays, family gatherings, celebrating our holidays. I must say after my #3 Booster injection, I am feeling quite unsettled. I expected my arm to hurt, it did with the other two, but the term BLAH has been redefined. (there has been no sewing, not a stitch) However, it has provided some down time to do some online research and sorting out saved computer files. So, huddled in a lap sized quilt, hot tea at my side, I began random searching for organizing tips for sewing spaces. I belong to a Facebook group that only defines and discussing organization for your needle crafts. This subject of organization is always a hot one. Space, who doesn't need more space? For me it is all about making the best of the space I have. 

 Have you ever considered The Dream Box? I did, years ago, but the cost, whoa Nellie, it is really pricey. Again, I have been studying the prospect, mostly for ideas, because I would need at least two of them to do what I want. And trust me, that is not going to happen.

  They are designed with amenities for sewing, quilting, paper crafts, knitting etc. Each seems to be a basic piece that you (for additional cost) customize to suit your needs. Yikes, the possibilities are endless as well.


 
Seriously, don't you think it would be nice for the makers of this to send me one to try out? I would not balk at the idea, just saying!

The possibilities explained on their website. here. The units are apparently built by order and the wait time is 3 to 5 months. Financing is also available. That phrase tells me that you are looking at a big $ purchase. They start around $2399.00, Mmmmmm. 

But, dear friends, their ideas are interesting by substitution of IKEA or big box store components. Now the concept of folding doors is outstanding. Actually, my kitchen pantry is just like this and I can tell you I have that baby filled to the rafters!  

When possible, I will be traveling to IKEA and some big box stores for storage ideas. Sadly, my old IKEA drawer units are showing signs of stress. They are 10 years old, but I think a bit of DIY may stabilize the sagging drawer bottoms and loosened door frames. We will see.   

The Top Ten Organizing Tips from Andy Knowlton shred by Amy Smart, HERE. 

This is not an advertisement my lovlies, it is a dream, just a dream. Carry on!

  • Consider the Facebook group if you need ideas, Sewing Room Ideas.
  •  Have a lovely weekend, see you for a special tea time on Tuesday!

Comments